Kingstown College is a dynamic training and consultancy company. We are currently recruiting for the position of Administrator. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication and IT skills and a genuine interest in supporting our students/Alumni and clients. Please see Job Description below and forward your c.v. to [email protected] if you are interested in pursuing your application.
Job Description-Kingstown College Administrator
The vacancy of Administrator is a key role for Kingstown College. The person we are seeking will bring qualities and values which will mirror and reflect the ethos of the College.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records particularly all records related to QQI (Kingstown College is a QQI recognised training centre).
- Provides a professional service to all Learners with the College and Alumni through swift response to queries, consistent contact with Learners and professional follow up.
- Quality Assures all procedures relevant to College Accreditation including QQI, European Mentoring and Coaching Council and International Coach Federation.
- Schedules dates for course delivery in conjunction with Faculty and Directors.
- Maintains electronic filing and record-keeping system utilising Sage ACT, Livedrive and eLearning site (Moodle).
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by liaising with Company Directors, College Faculty, Marketing/Web Executive and administrative team.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports particularly QQI and Moodle; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees when necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Schedules administrative and marketing duties including e-marketing campaigns and coordinating the distribution of large mail shots.
- Coordinates diary management for company directors.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings both in-house and external preparing appropriate agenda and ensuring efficient and effective follow up and agreed actions.
- Works with College Leadership Team identifying, planning and executing the implementation of new business streams.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary administrative, technical skills, experience and competence to immediately add value to the work of the College, Team and Clients and to ensure the timely delivery of delegated tasks and quality service. The appointee will:
- Possess very well developed interpersonal and communication skills and be able to give evidence of their ability to empathise, both face to face and by telephone, with all College stakeholders.
- Be results oriented and client focused.
- Be able to provide examples of having worked on their own initiative and in teams in the past.
- Be capable of exercising a high degree of delegated responsibility.
- Have good organizational, and technical skills relevant to the role with the ability to problem solve, pay attention to detail and deliver work to a high standard and to tight deadlines demonstrating that they are completer finishers.
- Be an outgoing, energetic, enthusiastic and empathic person who enjoys a challenging environment.
- Be adaptable, motivated self-starter with the ability to get the job done with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- A flexible and committed team player who believes in the necessity to provide a quality, efficient and professional service on behalf of Kingstown College.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- A minimum of three years relevant experience in office administration preferably in a training/educational environment.
- A good standard of education relevant to the role
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, databases and other relevant software or internet applications with preferably a knowledge of Moodle.
- Fluency in the English language is essential both written and oral
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written which will ensure Learners and other stakeholders are dealt with in a professional, articulate and sensitive manner
- Systematic and highly organised in approach to planning, organising and prioritising workload
If you are interested in this position please forward your c.v. in the first instance to [email protected]/ www.kingstowncollege.ie telephone 01 284 5360